(Taken from the Dreampot website)
Boiling time on stove: 30 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 3 hours minimum
If cooking in a standard convection oven allow another 1/4 cup of liquid (pineapple juice)Ingredients: ½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs (room temperature)
2 cups SR Flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup grated carrot
¾ cup tinned crushed pineapple (well drained)
½ cup crushed walnuts Method: 1. Grease the large loaf pan with cooking spray and line the base with baking paper.
2. Place into a bowl oil, brown sugar, eggs and beat together until thick and combined.
3. Sift together the flour, soda and cinnamon. Pour oil, sugar and egg mixture into sifted flour, and stir to combine.
4. Mix through grated carrot, crushed pineapple and walnuts.
5. Spoon the mixture into the large loaf pan. Cover the large loaf pan with a piece of baking paper and then with alfoil. Secure with an elastic band.
6. Place 5 trivets (5 biscuit cutters or empty tuna cans) into the base of the large inner pot. Fill with hot water to cover in and around the trivets.
7. Place the large loaf pan onto the trivets and fill with hot water to come half way up the side of the loaf pan.
8. Bring to the boil on the stove. Cover with the stainless steel lid.
9. Once boiling reduce the heat checking occasionally to ensure that a gentle boil is maintained for 30 minutes.
10. Transfer into the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
11. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the large loaf pan. When cooled, ice with cream cheese icing.